|16th June 2018|
SaxDay, Kinoulton, 2018
Saturday June 16th 2018
Kinoulton Village Hall, Main Street, Kinoulton, Notts, NG12 3EN
£40.00 for the day, or £35.00 for u18s or students.
Come and join us for a fun day of playing and learning about the saxophone with tutors Alistair Parnell, Nicola Pennill and Keri Degg.
- Learn new skills in tutored sessions
- Play together in small or larger groups
- Attend as a preformed quartet for expert advice and coaching
- Meet fellow saxophone players
Suitable for all levels – if you can read music a little bit but aren’t very confident it’s the perfect environment to try playing with others. On the other hand, if you are looking for a challenge we provide that too! We try and match similar abilities wherever possible. It’s a great way to meet fellow players and learn new skills. Parallel sessions ensure that there is sufficient challenge for all.
- The day is open to all. However if you are under 16 and would like to attend please contact us before booking to ensure we can cater for you.
- Group playing in large and smaller groups
- A free choice worksop session to develop your skills and improve your playing
- Short concert to which friends and family are warmly invited.
- Please bring a music stand!
- There will be an informal concert at 4.15 pm. If you would like friends and family to come along they are very welcome – please ask them to arrive during the break at around 4pm.
- Lunch is not included, so bring a packed lunch. Drinks are provided free of charge throughout the day.
Our friends from Windblowers will be in attendance with a range of instruments, accessories and sheet music, and for friendly advice.
At previous Sax Days, players have been keen to get answers to particular technical issues, get guidance on how to practice, or just have a chance to get feedback on their playing. Following the popularity of this option last year we are offering a limited number of short lesson slots which will be allocated on first-come, first served basis. On the booking form please indicate if you would like to take advantage of this and indicate the broad area you would like to focus on. This will help us plan the day.
Tutored Group Sessions
On the day there will also be additional workshop sessions, details to be announced soon.
|10:00||Arrival and registration||14:00 -15:00||Session 3 – choose which you want to do|
|10:30 – 11:30||Session 1
|15:00 – 16:00||Session 4|
|11:30 – 11:50||Break||16:00 – 16:30||Break
|11:50 – 13:00||Session 2||16:30 – 17:15||
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch||17:15 – 17:30||Wrap up and depart|
Want to know more?
Contact us for further information.